Friday, May 29, 2015

Review:Between Us and The Moon

Title: Between Us and The Moon
Author: Rebecca Maizel

A luminous young adult novel that evokes Judy Blume’s Forever for a new generation.

Ever since Sarah was born, she’s lived in the shadow of her beautiful older sister, Scarlett. But this summer on Cape Cod, she’s determined to finally grow up. Then she meets gorgeous college boy Andrew. He sees her as the girl she wants to be. A girl who’s older than she is. A girl like Scarlett.

Before she knows what’s happened, one little lie has transformed into something real. And by the end of August, she might have to choose between falling in love, and finding herself.





***************************************
Between us and the moon is the perfect book about summer romance and discovering who you are. I plan to reread this book again on the beach while I soak up some sun. What I really enjoyed about the book was how much the plot and characters kept you hooked. Bean/Sarah is a young teen aged girl just trying to find her self and while a few of her lies made me cringe when I thought about the possible consequences  I couldn't fault her for them. Realistically who hasn't lied about themselves at least once.

Bean/Sarah she was the type of main character that made me think back to my own awkward teen years. Rebecca M created perfectly relate-able characters that I just wanted to learn more about. From Scarlet and her ballerina bitchiness, to yes even Curtis who faced his own demons. Then there was sweet Andrew who I just wanted to hug at the end there.


That ending  killed me I want to dislike it but it was perfect in it's believability and just a bit bittersweet. Not going to lie I'm kind of wising there ends up being a random sequel,novella or fringe companion book just so I can get more of Sarah and Andrew's story. The cover seems life it embodies a summer night on the beach. If you want a light but sincerely touching summer read look no further than Between Us and The Moon.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post