Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday:Freebie (16)

Check out how Top Ten Tuesday works & the future schedule of topics HERE.The Top Ten Tuesday, is hosted by the ever-fabulous The Broke and the Bookish   This  meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Tuesday Freebie 

So since this weeks Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie I decided to do  Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes

1. “If there is one thing worse than self-pity, it was other people's pity.”
C.J. Duggan, The Boys of Summer

2. “Whatever I decide, I might be making a mistake. But if I'm going to make a mistake I want it to be passionate”
Nina LaCour, The Disenchantments 
I adore this quote because it ring  true. Things change and sometimes you can't help but make mistakes.Sometimes they can have a huge effect on you and other times not so much.It doesn't matter if you make mistakes,it matter if that mistake is wondefully awful and you learn from it.

3.“Luke used to give me butterflies. Noah spawned mutant pterodactyls.”
Katie McGarry, Pushing the Limits  

4.“She will not be simple and sweet.
She will not be what people tell her she should be.”
E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks 
Living up too other peoples expectation is tough but trying to exceed peoples expectation is pretty tough too trust me.

5.“You get close to people.You get farther from them.You learn how much you love them, and then you say good-bye believing that you will be together again, someday, when your lives curve back into one another’s." -The Disenchantments  

6. “There are bad people in the world: Murderers and psychopaths and telemarketers who won't take no for an answer.”
Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Raised by Wolves

7.“Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.”
John Green, An Abundance of Katherines
John Green is definitely one of my favorite authors.

8. "I killed him, I thought numbly. I killed him with my awkwardness!"
Marni Bates,Awkward 
This quote petty much sums up the book.Awkward was a hilarious read.

9."Tomorrow will be better.” “But what if it’s not?” I asked. “Then you say it again tomorrow. Because it might be. You never know, right? At some point, tomorrow will be better."
 Morgan Matson Amy and Roger's Epic Detour

 10.‎"The simple truth is that you can understand a town. You can know and love and hate it. You can blame it, resent it, and nothing changes. In the end, you're just another part of it.”
Brenna Yovanoff,The Replacement
If you have ever lived in a small town you can relate to this.

4 comments:

  1. Fun topic! I love the quotes you used from The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks and Amy and Roger's Epic Detour! :) My TTT is Fictional Places I’d Love to Vacation: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/05/27/vacation/


    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quotes! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote from The Disreputable History and Abundance! Cool topic!

    My TTT (Books to Broadway)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Post