Sunday, February 10, 2013

Casey Barnes Eponymous

 Title: Casey Barnes Eponymous
Author: E.A Rigg

It's three weeks into the school year when music junkie Casey Barnes gets a second chance with her mysterious, heartbreaking ex-boyfriend. She comes up with a plan to win him back, but it soon spins out of control as rivalries, revelations about him, and music itself all start to collide.

 For Casey the new found attention means learning the difference between wanting center stage and actually being on it.



****************

Casey Barnes is a typical high-school sophomore she's blunt,impulsive and a bit of a mess at times.She likes to make 3 song lists and slip them into peoples books, I think it's a way of spreading new and different music into their lives.This is probably the one redeeming thing about Casey otherwise I found her character to be annoying and naive.She did have her moments and all in all she was alright.

The ex she wants back is  Alex Deal who is the sexy high school musician of her dreams.They had a brief-and I mean really brief-thing in the summer and she wants him back despite that every about him screams bad news.So she uses song lists,lies,and her charm to attempt to get him.Eventually she puts a band together to impress him at the talent show.Thanks to her bandmate-espeacialy Ben- and her friends, Casey starts to wonder if Alex is all that great.The characters are pretty likeable but seem flat and predictable.My favorite was Casey's brother Yule I would love to read his story.

I absolutely love the cover it almost seems like a photograph.Looking at it I can just picture Casey working on her rock star vibe standing on the amp.The book was quick witted and fast paced it definitely came across like your typical some what cliche high school movie. Casey Barnes Eponymous is a pretty sweet, lighthearted book to read.Perfect for any music lover who will enjoy finding new songs to listen too.Also it is self-published it is only available as an ebook,thanks to the author emailing me I had the chance of reading Casey Barnes Eponymous and I'm glad I did. 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post