Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Review: Fat Angie: Rebel Girl Revolution

Fat Angie: Rebel Girl Revolution

Title: Fat Angie: Rebel Girl Revolution
Author: E.E. Charlton-Trujillo
Pub Date: 05 Mar 2019

More trouble at school and at home — and the discovery of a missive from her late soldier sister — send Angie and a long-ago friend on an RV road trip across Ohio.

Sophomore year has just begun, and Angie is miserable. Her girlfriend, KC, has moved away; her good friend, Jake, is keeping his distance; and the resident bully has ramped up an increasingly vicious and targeted campaign to humiliate her. An over-the-top statue dedication planned for her sister, who died in Iraq, is almost too much to bear, and it doesn't help that her mother has placed a symbolic empty urn on their mantel. At the ceremony, a soldier hands Angie a final letter from her sister, including a list of places she wanted the two of them to visit when she got home from the war. With her mother threatening to send Angie to a “treatment center” and the situation at school becoming violent, Angie enlists the help of her estranged childhood friend, Jamboree. Along with a few other outsiders, they pack into an RV and head across the state on the road trip Angie's sister did not live to take. It might be just what Angie needs to find a way to let her sister go, and find herself in the process.

*******************************
This book is the sequel to Fat Angie, and going into this book I did not know that. I had thought it was a standalone book. Even though I did not read the first book, I was still able to understand what was happening in this book. There were a few things that I was confused about in the beginning, but I managed to figure it out.

I'm glad that turned out true fat Angie Rebel girl Revolution was a very intriguing book I'm not going to lie I wasn't really into it until the fourth chapter but after that I was hooked. The book itself is a bit like the main character Angie it takes a while to get to know her to see where she's coming from but once you get there you can't look away. My favorite thing about this look was not the romance,that I could have done without but the friendships found between 4 unlikely people. My other favorite thing was that at the end of the book there was no happy ending... life is real and messy and sad and the ending reflective that.  At the end of the book you got the idea that Angie was going to be okay. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post