Friday, July 6, 2018

Reveiw: Daughters of Ruin

Title: Daughters of Ruin
Author: Castner, K . D
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Genres : Fantasy, Young Adult

Meet rumor with quiet, treason with cunning, and vicious with vicious.

Rhea, Cadis, Suki, and Iren have lived together since they were children. They are called sisters. They are not. They are called equals. They are not. They are princesses. And they are enemies.

A brutal war ravaged their kingdoms, and Rhea’s father was the victor. As a gesture of peace, King Declan brought the daughters of his rivals to live under his protection—and his ever-watchful eye.

For ten years they have trained together as diplomats and warriors, raised to accept their thrones and unite their kingdoms in peace. But there is no peace among sisters, and all plans shatter when the palace is attacked. As their intended future lies in ashes, Rhea, Cadis, Suki, and Iren must decide where their loyalties lie: to their nations, or to each other.

Alliances shift and the consequences are deadly in this stunning fantasy debut from K. D. Castner.

***********************************
From the moment that I read the saw the cover and read the synopsis of DAUGHTERS OF RUIN, I knew that I absolutely had to read it! So with this being said I it's a bit of a bummer that I was left confused if I liked it, honestly it was a bit lack luster there at the end.

The four princesses were Rhea, Cadis, Suki, and Iren. Rhea was the princess whose kingdom they were all living in, and she was always frustrated because she didn’t know why the other girls didn’t like her.As the girls age and train together, they each grow powerful and tough; some of them are also hiding secrets. When an attack on the palace during a ball occurs by the supposed residence, each girl must decide who to trust. Rhea and Suki were my least favorite princesses and my favorite princess was Iren and I thought Cadis was alright.The story is written from the perspective of each of the four Queens in turn and is pretty interesting. Some of the POV's are better than other but all in all I enjoyed the multiple perspective.

The cover is absolutely freaking gorgeous!!!I love love love it.I love the potential this book had more than the story itself.If there will be a sequel, I just want it to be about Iren and Cadis. Or or the sequel to focus way less on Rhea and Suki. 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post