Sunday, August 6, 2017

Review:Freeks

Title:Freeks
Author:Amanda Hocking

In a world of magical visions and pyrokinesis, Mara just wants to have a normal life. But is that possible?

Mara has become used to the extraordinary. Roaming from place to place with Gideon Davorin’s Traveling Carnival, she longs for an ordinary life where no one has the ability to levitate or predict the future.

She gets her chance when the struggling sideshow sets up camp in the small town of Caudry and she meets a gorgeous local guy named Gabe. But before long, Mara realizes there’s a dark presence lurking in the town that’s threatening the lives of her friends. She has seven days to take control of a power she didn’t know she had in order to save everyone she cares about—and change the future forever.

***********************

Gideon Davorin’s Traveling Show has come to town for one reason and one reason only. It’s broke as hell. An offer of a week-long gig with a hefty paycheck has the caravan rolling and ready to give the locals something they won't soon forget . . . . So I love Amanda Hocking and anything she write so when I found out about Freeks I was all over it.Sadly Freeks was a bit underwhelming.I enjoyed Freeks but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting. 

Mara is the main character and as far as main characters go she was great.The characters in Freeks even the secondary characters all shined and had very distinct characterizations. Gabe was Maras love interest and I thought the romance between them was adorable.Not going to lie my heart broke for Gab at the end.The twist surrounding his family was nuts.A part of me hopes Freeks is a standalone but anoter part of me would love a spin off about the other characters that are a part of Gideon Davorin’s Traveling Carnival.

The cover for Freeks is absolutely fucking breathtaking.I love how the girls dress is a part of the big top.Not going to lie besides the fact that Amanda Hocking wrote Freeks the over is also what drew me in and made me want to read the book.This was a fun read, if not a bit cliché ...The ending was meh and a little cool at the same time.I would recommend to anyone a fan of circusesqe book and Amanda Hocking. 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post