Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Waiting On Wednesday (70): Depression & Other Magic Tricks

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from  Breaking the Spine and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. As always, there are some amazing upcoming books, but this week I'm particularly excited for..

Title: Depression & Other Magic Tricks 
Author:Sabrina Benaim 
Release Date:August 8, 2017
Publisher:Button Poetry

Depression & Other Magic Tricks is the debut book by Sabrina Benaim, one of the most-viewed performance poets of all time, whose poem "Explaining My Depression to My Mother" has become a cultural phenomenon with over 5,000,000 views. Depression & Other Magic Tricks explores themes of mental health, love, and family. 

It is a documentation of struggle and triumph, a celebration of daily life and of living. Benaim's wit, empathy, and gift for language produce a work of endless wonder.





I just found out about this and I literally can't even.
It will be a good day when I get my hands on Depression & Other Magic Trick.
So that's what I'm waiting. So how about you? Leave a link and let me know. :)
Check out Sabrina Benaim perform one of her poems. 


I first found out about Sabrina Benaim thanks to Button Poetry. After watching her perform "Explaining My Depression to My Mother" Words can't describe how much I needed to see/hear that poem at the time. Sabrina does wonderful things with words and I'm here for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post