Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday(41):Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2017


This week the topic for Top Ten Tuesday, is"Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2017,"let's discuss the wonderful new authors we were introduced to for the first time.

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Melissa's Picks:
  1. Leigh Bardugo Thanks to the wonderful Wonder Woman: Warbringer I finally read something by Leigh Bardugo, and now I can't wait to read her other novels.
  2. Liara Tamani I read her debut Calling My Name, and now I'm hooked I can't wait to see what Liara Tamani comes out with next.
  3. Jason Reynolds I recently read his book Miles Morales, and now I need to check out  his other books.
  4. Emma Mills, Has been around for a while, and thanks to her most recent novel Now and Then I found out about her.
  5. Julie Murphy Just read Dumplin', and now I'm hooked on Julie Murphy. 
Jessica's Picks:
    1. Renee Watson, I bought Piecing me Together, and I loved it. Jade, was looking for her place, in the world because the world doesn't have places for girls like me.Definitely a must read, this was my first Renee Watson book, I can't wait for her next book.  
    2. Jason Reynolds, I started reading "Miles Morales", and learned about "Long Way Down", Jason is an excellent writer, if you haven't read anything give him a chance! You must get to know Jason through his books. 
    3. Traci Chee, thanks, to The Reader (Sea of Ink and Gold #1), This was Traci's debut novel, and it was well written, great character development, and I'm so stoked for the sequel, which I am currently reading. 
    4.  Ruth Ware, In a dark, dark wood, was my first Ruth Ware book, and I honestly needed it! I was stuck at the airport, this was a great read. I can't wait to read more from Ruth!
    5. Randi Pink, Into White, was Randi's debut novel, and boy was this a great read. I loved how real this book is, LaToya learned that the grass is not always greener on the other side. LaToya had a chance to be white because she thought it was better than being Black. But she was able to find belonging, and pride in who she is, and where she's from. I freaking loved this book! Totally waiting for another fantastic read by Randi! 
    These are the New-To-Me Authors that Melissa, and I read in 2017.What new Authors did you get introduced too in 2017??

    1 comment:

    1. So many of these authors are on my TBR list. I have a Jason Reynolds book sitting on my shelf right now, so hopefully I’ll read it soon.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      ReplyDelete

    Popular Post