Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Review/Rant: Hawkeye Comics

Hawkeye, Volume 1: My Life as a WeaponHawkeye, Volume 2: Little HitsHawkeye, Volume 3: L.A. WomanHawkeye, Volume 4: Rio Bravo
Hawkeye, Volume 5: All-New HawkeyeHawkeye, Volume 6: Hawkeyes 
I don't normally review comic books like at all,however  not to long ago I finished reading Matt Fraction and David Aja’s extremely excellent Hawkeye series.Followed by Jeff Lemire and  Ramon Perez's splended Hawkeye series. And I just had to write a post ranting about both...

 I have never been that into comics or graphic novels.It wasn't until early last year that I really started reading comics.The comics that really got me into them are The Black Widow seris by,The Ms. Mavel series by,Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur and of course the Hawk series.
While all those are really great comics it's the Hawkeye comics that have a special place in my heart.

They made me laugh and have also made me cry, and I was sad that Matt Fraction and David Aja’s awesome Hawkeye series came to an end. And that the Clint Barton as he existed in that particular series was no more.All six volumes of comics were great and pulled in the reader by the heartstrings.I enjoyed reading about and everyday flawed super hero who was very baseline human. No superpowers in sight.No suit of amour. Clint was a regular guy just trying to get by and do the right thing.
The art work was magic! From all of Aja's work to the beautiful back story art done by Perez. I loved it all.The stories in all six volumes were ell done as well.I really like the Kate bishop was portrayed as her own version of Hawkeye not a sidekick or anything else like that.(Fun Fact Kate Bishop has her own series now by Kelly Thompson  & It is wonderful)

When I look up what people say about all 6 volumes People constantly compare Matt Fraction and David Aja’s run to Jeff Lemire and  Ramon Perez's run.Which is understandable but I think both runs have pro&cons that make them stand out. To quote one of the most over used phrases ever that I used as a camp counselor I think when talking about both runs people should, "Share not Compare."

So there you go there's my rant/kinda review on the Hawkeye comics.I recommend that everyone check them out!!! 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post