(Going down in flames #5)
by Chris Cannon
by Chris Cannon
Bryn is back for her senior year at the Institute for Excellence, also known as shape-shifting dragon school. She isn’t sure which is scarier, the life-force sucking dragons stalking campus or the fact that she’s officially betrothed to Jaxon, a guy who will never love her. Not that she could ever love him, either… That’s just ridiculous.
Senior year should be fun. Her parents are alive, she’s finally fitting in, and she’s learning how to be a Medic. But what’s with Jaxon giving her strange looks? He runs hot and cold, and he doesn’t even have the excuse of being a hybrid fire-and-ice-breathing dragon like her. One minute they’re having a great time and the next, she wants to blast a fireball at his head. The marriage contract of doom looms over them–unless this match not made in heaven kindles a flame…
Publication Date: June 4, 2018
1. To start off this interview I'm going to ask you the age old question, what inspired you to write Burning Bright?
I knew I wanted to write a shifter series. I’ve always loved dragons. I’d love to be able to blast fireballs at the people who piss me off. I kind of live vicariously through my characters.
2. While writing your book was there a particular scene or chapter that was fun or challenging to write?
I loved writing the snarky dialogue between Bryn and Jaxon. There’s a constant loop of smart ass comments running in my brain at all times, but I pick and choose when I say them out loud. My characters can say whatever they want. It’s really fun.
3. Diversity in books and the publishing industry is a huge topic so I'm curious about your thoughts on it. Whose voices do we see? Whose voices do we need more of? How can authors address that?
I think there should be books featuring characters of all ethnicities, genders, and orientations. Everyone should be able to pick up a book and read about a character that represents themselves or someone they can personally identify with.
4. One of our favorite questions to ask is, what is the best advice you have received as a writer or just in general?
If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all. This is true in life and in the writing community.
5. If you had to pick a theme song to your book, what would it be?
I will Burn by the Incurables.
6. Now we have come to the end of the interview, our last question to you is, if you had to describe your Burning Bright in 3 words what would they be?
Snarky kick-ass dragon*******************************************************
Chris Cannon is the award-winning author of the Going Down In Flames series and the Boyfriend Chronicles. She lives in Southern Illinois with her husband and several furry beasts.
She believes coffee is the Elixir of Life. Most evenings after work, you can find her sucking down caffeine and writing fire-breathing paranormal adventures or romantic comedies.
You can find her online at:
Website | Twitter | Facebook Group | Instagram | Pinterest | Goodreads | Amazon