Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Top Ten Book Turn-Offs(18)

Check out how Top Ten Tuesday works & the future schedule of topics HERE.The Top Ten Tuesday, is hosted by the ever-fabulous The Broke and the Bookish   This  meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish.

 Top Ten Book Turn-Offs
You know..you are reading and then SOMETHING happens to completely turn you off -- cheating, absent parents, multiple POVS etc.) 

1)  Smut-I'll read some new adult but if it's overly done then I'm out.
2) Overly religious undertones-Now i'm not against religion or anything but if a book feels heavly relious then I just cant get into it.Some books with slight religious undertone I really enjoy but if I start to feel like reliogn is being over done I just stop reading.
3)The time old love triangle -I feel like if you've seen one you've seen them all.If done right the love triangle can be salvage and enjoyed though.
4) Main charecters that are weak-.If a main character is weak and just talks  down one his/herself 24/7 then in some cases i'll just put the book down and maybe come back later.
5) Mass amounts of POVS- This is a hit or miss sometimes it makes reading a certain story more captivating other time I have a head ache trying to keep up.
6) A cliche plot-If I feel like a story is sometime that i've read a thousand times before.
7) Teacher and Student sexual relations Ugh the mention of a student hooking up with a student makes me cringe.
8) Possessive or clingy girls It's not attractive when a guy demands control in the book world or real life.Reading about an overly controlling guy just makes me mad.Or reading about a clingy possessive girl.

So that's my list I could only think of eight maybe if I can come more I'll update the list.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Smut. I can only handle so much before I am like.. Not for me! Cliche plots are also the worst :)

    Our TTT

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete

Popular Post