Thursday, October 3, 2013

Silver and Stone

Title: Silver and Stone: The Bloodlines Series
Author: J.D. Thompson
Publisher: Self
Publication Date: 2011
Source:Author (ebook)


 Welcome to high school high society hell, where last season’s slingbacks can warrant a lunch table demotion, the wrong date will knock you off the it-list and behind every pair of oversized Chanel sunglasses lies a secret people are dying to keep.

As if senior year at Weatherford Preparatory School wasn’t hard enough, sixteen year old Alexis Bardolph had to add school outcast to the curriculum.

A new found notoriety following a family scandal, her lacrosse star boy-friend dumping her for a former BFF and a string of perpetually bad hair days were among the many things going wrong in her already turbulent teenage life.

But when the haunting nightmares that have plagued her since childhood begin to take an eerily tangible form and several Holler Creek residents are reported missing, Alexis can’t help but wonder if there isn’t more to her hellish dreams than meets the eye.

The unexpected arrival of a mysterious and dangerously handsome new student ultimately leads Alexis to troubling truths that not even her wildest imagination could have conjured


******************************
So even after reading the synopsis I had my doubts about the book.I really had no clue id I'd like it. The main chareter Alexis is definitely in need of a break,in the beginning going from top of the class miss popular to a social pariah.She's a acussed killer,her sister has turned against her, and her father has abandoned her; choosing to practically live at the office avioding his family.To top it off she thinks she's going crazy..All in all her shallow but caring friends are there for her.Then insert a new  attractive-cliche- and mysterious new student Lucas. Alexis’s and Lucas’s relationship, I admit, started off  with a little too much insta-love quality but it's well done and seriously makes sense in retrospect when you're finished with the book.The cover is pretty gorgeous and eye catching and I think fits with the tone of the book.

I read a bit of every thing but for the most part I definitely enjoy a well written paranormal romance.Silver and Stone sucked me in right fro the get go but at the end of the story I had no idea what I just read.Now this isn't a bad thing it's just that the author leaves the paranormal aspect of the story lurking subtlety in the shadows and at the end I had to go back and see what I missed not that I knew what was coming.An awesome start to a new supernatural series by author JD Thompson. 3/5

The sequel Blood and Champaine just came out Oct 1,2013

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post