Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday(48): Books I Could Re-read Forever

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


Books I could Re-read Forever

Jessica's Picks
  1. Twilight by Stephenie Meyers!! Ummm...I know I know but this was a huge book for me! I own the collector set...it was a gift! Twilight has a special place in my heart. 
  2. Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Danticat - I love this book, and I love Oprah's book club. I have about 3 different copies of this book. My goal is to one day read every book from her book club!
  3. Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (The Wicked Years #1) by Gregory Maguire- This book hands down is amazing, I encourage everyone to read it. This book made me love Elphaba more, she is obviously just misunderstood..I love the setting, and learning about the other people/villages.
  4. Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu - Amazing!! I loved this book, and the series! I want Day to win at all costs, he lost everything..you need to read!
  5. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston - I love this book! How Janie's grandmother tried to protect her by marrying her off at a young age, which was common back then...This book is about how Janie feels, and what she has to overcome in order to survive. Janie had no one telling her "Thank you", she had to navigate the world her way. Realizing that she has to "create her own rules" in order to survive in a world where Black women are treated as prizes... 


Melissa's Picks
  1. The Realm of Possibility  by David levithan This is a gorgeus book written somewhat in verse!!I've read this book multiple time at least once a year.I highly suggest everyone check out this book.
  2. Tiger Lily ByJodi Lynn Anderson This book gave me all the feels and I plan to get a tattoo based on it
  3. Gabi, a Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero I adore this book for a variety of reason. The main reason though is that  I love the fact that Isabel Quintero wrote a book that I can see resonating with young Hispanic readers.
  4. Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland Our Chemical Hearts is fan fucking-tastic!!! It’s filled with references to books, music, films, etc. that will make you smile big.I have yet to reread this book but it will definetly happen.
  5. Any of the Harry Potter book by J.K Rowling I am here for all things Harryy Potter!!!


Let us know some of your favorite books to reread!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post