Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday(38):Top Ten Favorite Books of 2017

This week the topic for Top Ten Tuesday, is " Ten Favorite Books of 2017," 
let us discuss the wonderful books of 2017, that were so amazing we can wait to share with y'all!!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Jessica's Picks:
  1.   Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth, loved it!! Ugh I can't wait for half of the crappy characters to die, painful deaths...This was the first Veronica Roth book, I ever read, the settings, character developments, writing style, it was nothing short of amazing. 
  2. The Wish Granter by C.J. Redwine, this is a retelling I had no idea, there were no hints at all talk about a plot twist. I was unprepared but I loved this book, the cover caught my eye, and this is a book that needs to read. 
  3.  Piecing me Together by  Renée Watson, I bought this book because I loved the cover. I thought this book was amazing, Jade reminds me of myself when I was her age. I could relate on a spiritual level with her, being confused at what I thought beauty was, having no confidence in my body or knowing if it was okay being me. Although I am not an artist, i understand having a craft, and loving it.    
  4.  Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds, the first book I read by Jason, it was amazing. I loved that it was written in prose, another first for me. The book reminded me of a scene in one of my favorite movies "Tales from the Hood", this book is a must read. Jason is able to tell you stories in a way that makes you feel as if you're in the book. 
  5. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, you have heard about this book one way or another. I haven't even finished reading this, I got it in August...It's so real for me that I had to put it down. I found myself connecting to this story, more than I thought. How so?, pretty sure I cried when reading about Star going to visit her friend's family after the shooting...that real. When you can feel the pain from the pages, if you can please please read this book. For Angie this is a fantastic way to start a career with THE best selling book of 2017.
Melissa's Picks:
  1. History Is All You Left Me By Adam Silvera  I read this book because I've heard good things about Adam and I'm glad I did this book was heartbreaking and sweet.
  2. Legion Julie Kawaga This is the second to last book in this series and it was a wild read from start to finish I cant wait for the final book in this series.
  3. Wonder Women: Warbringer By  Leigh Bardugo I have just started reading this book and so far I'm hooked!!
  4. By Your Side Kasie West I really like contemporary ya and Kasie West is an awesome author I am only half way in this book but so far I dig it. 
  5. A Court of Wings and Ruin Sarah J. Maas This book was uh-mazing. While reading it I was convinced half of the main characters and I was kinda right but still I loved A Court of Wings and Ruin.I can't wait for the next book in this series. 
Let us know some of your favorite books for 2017

2 comments:

Popular Post