Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Armchaie BEA Day 2:Author Interaction/More Than Just Words


 Armchair BEA is for those people who cannot visit Book Expo America but still want to join in the fun.

Author Interaction 
Let’s talk interacting with authors IRL (in real life) or online. This is your opportunity to talk about your favorite author readings that you have attended. Or, you can feature your favorite author fan moment (i.e., an author sent you a tweet or commented on your blog). Maybe you even want to share how your interactions have changed since becoming a blogger or share your own tips that you have learned along the way when interacting with authors as a blogger. 


Sadly I haven't had the chance to meet any of my favorite authors but when I do I'll probably freak out and fangirl. I feel like more book tours need to come swing by Chicago.
So far all my author interaction have happened online mostly on twitter.My favorite author was when i sent a tweet to Mindy McGinnis the tweet had my review about her book Not A Drop To Drink.In the review I mention how i didn't really want to read the book because there was so much hype about it.So replied back stating that she did that a lot with books and even wrote a blog post about it and how she was a LitBitch.(i recommend you check it out) I loved the post and that brief interaction made me like her more especially for the fact that she actually engaged in conversation. 

My interactions changed because I actually make and effort to connect to the authors and fellow bloggers.For a while i would stick to just posting reviews and commenting here and there on other blogs.Then I started following authors on twitter and their blogs.I did the same with fellow bloggers and i regular comment on other blogs not just my own when i have time.What I found out is that the bookish world is for the most part friendly and welcoming. It may seem daunting or awkward to email an author asking for an interview or even just to saying hi on twitter and commenting on their books but it's not that crazy to do authors are just normal people who a lot of the time enjoy the feed back.

More Than Just Words 
There are so many mediums that feature more than just words and enhance a story in a multitude of ways. Examples may include graphic novels and comics, audiobooks, or even multimedia novels. On this day, we will be talking about those books and formats that move beyond just the words and use other ways to experience a story. Which books stand out to you in these different formats? 


I'm not really a comic or graphic novel type of person. Audiobooks seem great but I haven't listed to many honestly. Multimedia books are pretty are pretty great unlike my experience with audiobook,comics,and graphic novels which is very little I actually have a bit of experience with them. Chopsticks by Jessica Anthoy is told though photos,pictures and a page or two of words and it lovely.At first I scoffed and was like this is weid but after I started reading and took a chance I loved it.I like that  each picture and photo was breath taking and helped shap the story.Theres a few other book like Sarahs book*  and a few others but I can't remeber the exact titles.

Comment with any graphic novel suggestion for a newbie or any multimedia books I always like to read new things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post