Monday, September 17, 2018

The Book Lover's Tag (2)


I found this tag online and I thought it would be fun to do! This tag is originally from another very pretty reading and other lovely things based blog called 
Of Reading and Random Things

Happy Monday!!! Melissa, and I are so excited to bring you our second Book Lover's Tag! Please enjoy reading our answers! If you would like us to answer certain questions for the next Book Lover's Tag,  just drop a comment below. 

Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
Melissa- When I was really young...my parents read to me a lot and my love for reading grew as I got older.
Jessica - Yep, it was the sixth grade! I just remember wanting to read every book I could get my hands on. 

When do you usually read?

Melissa- Honestly I read whenever when I'm bored when I'm on the bus when I should be doing other things like school work or actual work... I may have a problem.
Jessica - Anytime I can! Like literally anywhere, I definitely make time to read everyday.

Do you prefer to read hardcopies or Kindle?

Melissa - For a while I really only read hard copies and then there was like a couple of years or I was really into e-books and now I think I prefer hard copies again.
Jessica- Once upon a time I was totally against Kindle/e-books but then I got a tablet before college...and I loved it! It was so easy buying books, I was spending at least $20 dollars a month on Kindle books. Hence the reason I totally prefer hardcopies, I can hold my $20 book in my hand!!

What is your favourite genre?

Melissa-I definitely prefer young adult fantasy and contemporary ya but every little bit of everything.
Jessica - I'm a huge fan of young adult, ya fantasy, ya paranormal, typically anything that falls within the YA structure.

What genre will you not read?

Melissa-I don't think I will ever really read mystery or suspense and like that hardcore erotica I'm not a fan.
Jessica - Erotica...I like the occasional love scene but not like fifty shades of bland..or historical romance..taketh me on the stairs, Bert slowly makes his way to Sandra...Sandra can see the animal in his eyes waiting to be released...

Do you have a favourite author?

Melissa -David Lev & Sarah Dessen
Jessica - Nope too many good authors out there to just pick one! But Stephen King is one my all time favorites.

What is the worst book you’ve ever read?

Melissa - I've read some pretty shitty books but I can't remember exactly what they're called mainly cause they were pretty bad and not that memorable.
Jessica -There are more than I would like to share...I can't really remember the books which is why I generally find myself reading books similar to those...Then I get upset and find myself sucked back into that genre...lmao

What is the biggest book you’ve ever read?

Melissa-The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Jessica- It by Stephen King

What was the last book you bought?

Melissa-The Wicked Deep by Erin
Jessica- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds

Which do you prefer library books or buying books?

Melissa -It depends really, I mainly check out library book though unless I really want a certain book to keep forever.
Jessica- I agree with Melissa it depends, sometimes if I really want a book, I will buy the book. But most times I will borrow the book from the library. 

What are you reading now?

Melissa-The Unliklies by Carrie Firestone I am half way in, and it is a pretty good book so far.
Jessica- A Room Away From the Wolves by Ren Suma, I just recently started this book, and I like it. 

What are the disadvantages of being a book lover?

Melissa- Nothing...except having your TBR pile grow big enough to crush you.
Jessica- Having deadlines at work so you can't read, and review as much as you want...#lifegetsintheway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post