Monday, September 11, 2017

Theme Of The Day: Mermaids and Sirens Oh My

 I haven't done a theme of the day in a very long and when I say in a very long time what I mean is I haven't done a theme of the day in years !!! Without planning I have read two books regarding mermaids & sirens almost back to that...so thanks to that coincidence I decided to do a theme of the day.

This posts theme of the day focuses on one of my favorite mythical creatures...the Mermaid!! Enjoy!

Title: Emerge

Lia Nautilus may be a Mermaid but she’s never lived in the ocean. Ever since the infamous Little Mermaid unleashed a curse that stripped Mer of their immortality, war has ravaged the Seven Seas. Now Lia lives in a secret community of land-dwelling Mer hidden among Malibu’s seaside mansions and attends high school with humans. 

To protect everyone around her, she must limit her contact with non-Mer. No exceptions. But when the new girl sets her sights on Lia's crush, she will risk exposing her deadly secret to stop Clay from falling in love with the wrong girl. 

The Cover: The cover is absolutely breathe taking.My favorite part is how monochromatic it is and the sparkles around the title.

My Thoughts: Emerge took the whole little mermaid tale and flipped it on its head. I adored this book and the characters ,Lia was a sweetheart and had a lot of tough choices thrown her way. Not going to lie based on the synopsis I wasn't expecting that plot twist.The ending was a tearjerker, I can't wait to read the next book Submerge it comes out September 12th 2017!!!!! 3/5



Title: The Siren
Author: Kiera Cass

Love is a risk worth taking.

Years ago, Kahlen was rescued from drowning by the Ocean. To repay her debt, she has served as a Siren ever since, using her voice to lure countless strangers to their deaths. Though a single word from Kahlen can kill, she can’t resist spending her days on land, watching ordinary people and longing for the day when she will be able to speak and laugh and live freely among them again. 

Kahlen is resigned to finishing her sentence in solitude…until she meets Akinli. Handsome, caring, and kind, Akinli is everything Kahlen ever dreamed of. And though she can’t talk to him, they soon forge a connection neither of them can deny…and Kahlen doesn’t want to.


Falling in love with a human breaks all the Ocean’s rules, and if the Ocean discovers Kahlen’s feelings, she’ll be forced to leave Akinli for good. But for the first time in a lifetime of following the rules, Kahlen is determined to follow her heart

The Cover: Beautiful cover it could almost be a photo. Not going to lie though I can't help but laugh at the fact that Emerge and The Siren have similar cover concepts. Those mermaids sure like hold up their dresses staring long-fully at the seas.
My Thoughts: The Siren was a lovely book to read.I loved the vivid imagery it inspired and all the feels I had while reading. My favorite part of the book was learning about the back stories of Kahlen and all the sirens.Making the Ocean this sentient thing was really cool,since I haven't seen it done all that much.The Oceans idea of love was intense and a bit frightening,and I couldn't help but think of a really toxic relationship.  The ending was heartbreakingly sweet and couldn't have been better. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post