Check out how Top Ten Tuesday works & the future schedule of topics HERE.The Top Ten Tuesday, is hosted by the ever-fabulous The Broke and the Bookish This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books (anything that inspires you, challenges you, makes you think, encourages you, etc.)
- "People can be cruelest to those they love.”
― Veronica Rossi, Under the Never Sky Too true.
- “whatever I decide, I might be making a mistake. But if I'm going to make a mistake I want it to be passionate”
― Nina LaCour, The Disenchantments Life is full of choices and at the time you never know if your choice is a mistake but I think if its want you really wanted at the time how can you regret it.
- “Stop saying no offense,” I said, “when you say offensive things. It’s not a free pass.”
― Daniel Handler, Why We Broke Up It bothers me so much when people say no offensive just be real and say what you mean without the disclaimer
- “Sometimes this was just the way the game ended. Sometimes you did your best, and it all went straight to hell anyway.”
― Brenna Yovanoff, The Replacement Shit happens you just have to move on.
- “Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one’s life with pomp and blare, like a gay knight riding down; perhaps it crept to one’s side like an old friend through quiet ways; perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages betrayed the rhythm and the music, perhaps . . . perhaps . . . love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath.”
― L.M. Montgomery I really like the idea of gradual love. The idea of a whirl wind romance is nice but slow and steady is more my speed. I adore this quote.
- “The simple truth is that you can understand a town. You can know and love and hate it. You can blame it, resent it, and nothing changes. In the end, you're just another part of it.”
― Brenna Yovanoff ,The Replacement Small town suck but in a way it will always be apart of you and your apart of it.The good and bad things that you experienced there helped shape you.
- Searching, always. And yes, we all are, or soon will be, disenchanted, I still want to know it all: the heartbreak, the fear, the friendship, the anger, the love. All of it.” To be disenchanted means to be disappointed by someone or something previously respected or admired; disillusioned. I think dispite this happening I still want to hold on to some of that hopefulness and wonder.
― Nina LaCour, The Disenchantments
- “It is better to be alone, she figures, than to be with someone who can't see who you are. It is better to lead than to follow. It is better to speak up than stay silent. It is better to open doors than to shut them on people.
She will not be simple and sweet. She will not be what people tell her to be. That Bunny Rabbit is dead.”
― E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks I love this quote and the book it came from,in my opion it better to do your own thing than worry about what other are doing or think.
- “If there is one thing worse than self-pity, it was other people's pity.”
― C.J. Duggan, The Boys of Summer
- “I'm always wondering about the what-ifs, about the road not taking.”
― Jenny Han, To All the Boys I've Loved Before Most people can probably relate to this quote and if you don't then I envy you for being sound in your decisions