Thursday, May 9, 2013

Blaze

 Title: Blaze (Or Love In The Time Of SuperVillans)
Author:Laurie Boyle Crompton


Blaze is tired of spending her life on the sidelines, drawing comics and feeling invisible. She's desperate for soccer star Mark to notice her. And when her BFF texts Mark a photo of Blaze in sexy lingerie, it definitely gets his attention. After a hot date in the back of her minivan, Blaze is flying high, but suddenly Mark's feelings seem to have been blasted by a freeze-ray gun, and he dumps her. 

Blaze gets her revenge by posting a comic strip featuring uber-villain Mark the Shark. Mark then retaliates by posting her "sext" photo, and, overnight, Blaze goes from Super Virgin Girl to Super Slut. That life on the sidelines is looking pretty good right about now...





***********************

Alright so I really wanted to like this book When I first heard about it I couldn't wait to get my hands on it, I wanted to love it... A book about a Nerdy girl named Blaze who's a comic fanatic it sounds awesome right?? Well wrong kinda..Don't think I'm trashing this book I'm not I just couldn't really get into it.I really enjoyed all the comic book references though even if I'm not into comics my self.Going to a comic con sounds like a blast.

Blaze was snarky,witty and a complete nerd but her pining for Mark bothered me. Blaze makes about a bunch of bad decisions (such as ignoring the warnings of her younger brother about Mark and his womanizing.At the end of the day though comes out on the other side with her head held up high.With the help of her little brother and friends.They where some of my favorites characters in the book.Along with the cute geeky guy who works at the comic store.

The cover is absolute amazing and eye catching as is sure to lure people to Blaze.
 Blaze is light and full of nerd joy while high on spunk.But it just didn't quite cut it for me.I still would recommend it, though. I think others might enjoy it a lot more than I did.2/5

So that's what I think about Blaze,What do you think?? 
I'd appreciate the comments thanks. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post