Friday, May 4, 2018

Review:The Cruel Prince

Title: The Cruel Prince
Author: Holly Black
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Of course I want to be like them. They’re beautiful as blades forged in some divine fire. They will live forever.

And Cardan is even more beautiful than the rest. I hate him more than all the others. I hate him so much that sometimes when I look at him, I can hardly breathe.

Jude was seven years old when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King.

To win a place at the Court, she must defy him–and face the consequences.

In doing so, she becomes embroiled in palace intrigues and deceptions, discovering her own capacity for bloodshed. But as civil war threatens to drown the Courts of Faerie in violence, Jude will need to risk her life in a dangerous alliance to save her sisters, and Faerie itself.

*********************************

 Holly Black is literally the type of author I want to be!! The Cruel Prince kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Jude was a really edgy, imperfect, relate-able  character and I really liked her. A girl with a heart who cares for her family and whatnot, but can also kill you and make serious threats.

The characters found in The Cruel Prince were intriguing as hell. The level of relationship drama, familial drama, and just general drama was intense and at at a level 10 nonstop.  Seriously the relationships between characters are also fascinating, especially the family dynamics. I would love to get a pov from Taryan,she dull compared to Jude,but the way she rationalized what she did must have been something to read. Gah and the romance that was included in the book was twisty and turny and you never know what anyone's intentions are. I loved it!! I honestly have so much to say about this book but I struggle to do this with out spoilers.So one of the last things I will say is that The Cruel Prince was wild from start to finish.

That cover is gorgeous!! I really dig the gold color scheme and how dramatic it looks.This book has a cliffhanger ending that puts all other cliffhanger endings to shame. I can't read what happens next in The Wicked King!!! 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post