Friday, January 11, 2013

Reunited


Title:Reunited
Author: Hilary Weisman Graham
Publisher:Simon & Schuster

Alice, Summer, and Tiernan are ex-best friends.

Back in middle school, the three girls were inseparable. They were also the number one fans of the rock band Level3.

But when the band broke up, so did their friendship. Summer ran with the popular crowd, Tiernan was a rebellious wild-child, and Alice spent high school with her nose buried in books.Now, just as the girls are about to graduate, Level3 announces a one-time-only reunion show.Even though the concert’s 2000 miles away, Alice buys three tickets on impulse. And as it turns out, Summer and Tiernan have their own reasons for wanting to get out of town. Good thing Alice’s graduation gift (a pea-green 1976 VW camper van known as the Pea Pod) is just the vehicle to get them there.
But on the long drive cross-country, the girls hit more than a few bumps in the road. Will their friendship get an encore or is the show really over?
 ************
 *Sigh* Until I can embark on my own road I have to experience it though movies and books. I love road tripping books so when I saw Reunited I had to read it plus the whole concept of past friends road tripping intrigued me. Reunited is about three high-school grads who at one point were all best friends. One awesome pea green,a VW bus and a semi awkward road-trip to Austin to see their favorite band Level3 reunited for a surprise concert.

Three super cliche sounding girls Alice(Book worm/Nerd),Summer(Popular girl with shocking depth) and Tieran(Wild child with mommy issues) were once best friends now a few years after their friendship crumbled their reuniting. Thanks to Alice to go see Level3 their fav band that broke up and now reuniting for one concert. Once leaving their home town hilarity begins filled with multiple ups and downs.

The cover is really eye catching and immediately made me pick up the book. It's bright yellow and I can easily picture the girls studying the map looking forward for adventure. I liked the story at first but then I didn't but then I did again so my thoughts on Reunited are complicated. While it didn't reach my expectation I did enjoy the story and really enjoyed the Level3 lyrics scattered throughout the book between chapters. As well as the hilarious one liners that pop out unexpectedly. So to sum it all up Yes Reunited is cliché and might make you cringe every now but the underlining theme is friendship and the love of music so if you want a fun read thats fluff with heart I’d recommend this book3/5

Apparently Level3 is a real band! 0_o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post