Check out how Top Ten Tuesday works & the future schedule of topics HERE.
The Top Ten Tuesday, is hosted by the ever-fabulous The Broke and the Bookish
This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books I'd Give A Theme Song To:
(and please tell us the song and why you'd pick it for the book!)
- The Hunger Games:Picking a song for this book was tough but i decide to go with White Blank Page by Mumford and Son since it reminded me of Peeta and KatnissYou did not think when you sent me to the brink, to the brinkYou desired my attention, but denied my affections, my affectionsSo tell me now where was my fault, in loving you with my whole heart"
- Amy and Roger's Epic Detour:Kids in Love By Mayday Parade The songs all about summer love and just enjoying your self.Also if you check out the music video its all about a road trip.There's something about thing song that reminds me of Amy and Roger. "I look back to the one and only summer time And my girl was the envy of every friend of mine She slept safely in my arms We were so young and invincible"
- Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters-Meridith Zeitlin Kelsey's freshman year is filled with non stop laughs and her fiends are always their for her so i think that the song With a little Help by my Friends by the Beatles would fit.Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song And I'll try not to sing out of key.Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends Mm, I get high with a little help from my friendsMm, gonna try with a little help from my friends
- Good Oil - Laura Buzo- Superman by Joe Brookes I can't really say why this song is my pick for this book but to me it works.It could be a song Chris sings to his perfect girl and maybe Amelia or maybe Amelia to Chris.It fits nicely with their not-friendship-not-love relationship"But I can only write this song, And tell you that I'm not that strong. 'cause I'm no supermaaaan,I hope you like me as I am."
- Hallowed -Cynthia Hand- Terrible Things by Mayday Parade I feel like this song fits in perfectly with the book it a sad touching song.Clara's torn between her love for Tucker and her complicated feelings about the roles she and Christian seem destined to play in a world that is both dangerous and beautiful "Don't fall in love It's just too much to lose if given the choice Then I'm begging you to choose To walk away, walk away"
- Awkward Marni Bates-Weightless by All Time Low Mackenzie is tossed in the limelight and maybe she could relate to this song"Manage me, I'm a messTurn a page, I'm a book half unreadI wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just becauseI wanna feel weightless and that should be enough"
- Breathe - Abbi Glines I feel like the songs about two people meet and become close, fall for each other and want to be together, but something is there stopping them so it fit with the story.Beauty in the Breakdown by the Scene aesthetic " Come on, take a step towards me So you can figure me out I've been hoping and praying for a single way To show you what I'm all about"
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver-The Way we Talk by The Maine for Samantha in the beginning of the story the song reminds me of how her and her friends act"She's fresh to death, She'll be the death of you,Seduction leads to destruction" and What i wanted to say by Colbie Caillat for Sam at the end of the story."Cause all I wanted to say was something real All I want you to know is how I feel All I wanted to give was my heart but I'm stuck here at the start"
- Kiss Crush Collide - Christina Meredith Leah has it all. The parents with a lot of money, the awesome sisters that are there for everything, and the best boyfriend in the world. The song is about not being afraid to show that you're human and not perfect something Leah could relate too.I am Not a Robot by Marina and the Diamonds "It's okay to say you've got a weak spot You don't always have to be on top Better to be hated than love, love, loved for what you're not"
- Nick and Nora's Ultimate Playlist-There are a few song that would fit this book but for a night filled with new love,drunk chicks,and finding Fluffy I picked Tonight's the Night by Outtasight"Tonight is the night is the night that were losing control Tonight is the night is the night we set it off"
So there you go my list of Top Ten Books I'd give a theme song too.
Comment and post a link of yours.:)
Comment and post a link of yours.:)